We welcome everyone who enjoys the spirit of adventure!
Our team will help your dreams of the most incredible travels in Kazakhstan and the countries of Central Asia come true.
Kan Tengri Expeditions started its activities in tourism over 30 years ago. Today we are the leading Kazakhstani tour operator in the field of adventure tourism with its own infrastructure, highly professional staff and unique work experience.
We offer a wide range of best tours:
* mountaineering expeditions in the Central Tien Shan
* helicopter excursions to Khan Tengri peak
* holidays in the alpine camping "Karkara"
* sport fishing in the Ili River delta
* heli-skiing and ski-tours
* ethnographic tours along the Great Silk Road
* mountain bike tours
* trekking tours
* jeep tours in deserts, canyons and mountains
* birdwatching and botanical tours
Our company owns the famous alpine Base Camp "Karkara" with a helipad, mountaineering Base Camp on the Northern Inylchek Glacier, located at the foot of Khan Tengri Peak, and we also have our own wonderful fishing base "Peremychka" in the Ili River delta.
Our head office is located in the center of Almaty city. We speak Russian, English, German, French, Korean and Japanese.
Why Choose Kan Tengri Expeditions?
* High quality service
* 30 years of experience in tourism
* The best ratio of price and quality
* Сustomer focus
* Exclusive tours
* Tours according to your requests
We operate well-equipped, selectively catered, safe and eco-friendly trips.
The President of the Company.
Our company's Head is Dr. Kazbek Valieyv, a famous climber, the first Kazakhstani to conquer Everest. He is also the General Secretary of the Mountaineering and Sport Climbing Federation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the permanent representative of the Kazakhstan Tourist Association under the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan
In the list of his mountaineering achievements:
- 22 ascents to the summits of 7000m +:
- he is one of the climbers along the Southwestern wall of Everest (new route);
- made an ascent to Peak Dhaulagiri, 8167m. along the South-South-West edge (new route) in the “Alpine style”;
- the captain of the USSR national team on the traverse of four peaks of Kanchenjunga Peak, 8596m.
- he was the leader of the first ascents to the peak of A. Blok, Kyzyl Asker, Communism Peak, 7495m. along the Southwestern wall
Kan Tengri Expeditions had the honor to be an official Partner of UNESCO and UNISEF in international projects for developing of ecological tourism and children’s sport.
Kan Tengri Company Staff:
We keep our own Mountain Service School which graduates certified guides, interpreters, cooks and porters for our company. We are well staffed to perform all functions in professional manners as well as on a high level of reliability and safeness.
We have built 30 artificial climbing walls at public schools and involved more than 30 000 children in different areas of Kazakhstan to sport climbing. Kan Tengri was one of the main sponsors of the Memorial "To the perished in the mountains" built in mountains near Almaty. We hosted "The Tien Shan Alpine Summit» for the members of Union of Asian Alpine Associations (UAAA) and “Youth Cross-Cultural Mountain Conservation Workshop” of Himalayan Adventure Trust -Japan.
History of the company:
We started our activity in 1989 in the mountains of the Central Tien Shan, where we were the first in the history of international tourism to conduct expeditions to Khan Tengri Peak and Pobeda Peak for groups of foreign climbers. At this initial stage of work, the company's team and management applied the experience of the famous Kazakh mountaineering school, as well as the practice of organizing expeditions and trekking in Nepal.
Having successfully mastered high-altitude expeditions, already in the early 90s, we expanded the range of tours we offer and began to conduct trekking, then heliskiing, mountain bike tours, ornithological, botanical and other programs. We ourselves studied the districts, made and tested the programs.
We were consulted and trained by experts from leading European outdoor companies. Over the years, we have organized a number of infotours, and dozens of the largest foreign agencies have become our partners for many years.
Welcome to Kazakhstan with KanTengri Expeditions!